Our service is committed to providing the highest quality of provide regular practical and emotional support, supervision and training to our foster carers.
We view it as our paramount responsibility to safeguard and uphold the welfare of all of our foster families.
Foster carers can expect at least a monthly visit from their Supervising Social Worker, or more if it is needed. There is also an “Out of Hours” telephone support service and a “Buddy” system where our carers offer one another like-minded support and advice.
Our carers can also expect to receive:
- Access to a weekly clinical drop in service
- Access to a duty worker in the absence of the supervising social worker
- Foster carers support groups
- Long service awards
- Access to a members area of the agency website to access policies, procedures and the fostering handbook
- Up to 4 weeks paid holiday
- Fostering newsletter
- Invitation to participate in a monthly consultation group with the service manager
- Social events
- Support and training for birth children of foster carers
- Discounts for local amenities
- Membership to The Fostering Network