Our therapeutic framework is based upon the principles of attachment. This means promoting a secure, warm and responsive foundation to the relationship between each foster carer and the child.
As part of our bespoke skills to foster package, prospective carers will be introduced to the core concepts of attachment theory, the neurobiology of attachment and the impact of developmental trauma has on a child’s behaviour and presentation.
Carers will be continuously trained and supported in using therapeutic techniques to develop healthy ways of relating to and communicating with children.
Our approach adopts the principles of P.A.C.E. and Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy based on the work of Dan Hughes and Kim Golding.
Through this therapeutic model, foster carers will develop a greater understanding of how a child’s inner life affects their outward behaviour. This is the basis to forming strong connections between the child and their foster family.
In conjunction with TheFamilyPsychologist Ltd we are able to support a wide range Neuro-Diversities (depending on the type of placement required):
- Early years support for Sleeping, Feeding, Potty Training and Separation Anxiety
- Educational Assessments
- Behavioural & Emotional Interventions
- Diagnostic Assessment and Therapeutic Support for ADHD, Autism Spectrum Condition, Asperger Syndrome (and pathological demand avoidance) and Attention Deficit Disorder
- Interventions for Depression, OCD, Eating Disorders, Social Anxiety, Self Harm and Low Self-Esteem
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Therapeutic Life Story Work
- Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia/ Dyspraxia,Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, SPLD)
- Sensory Processing
- Psychological Profiling